Subject: [bitcoindev] FROST CLI + BDK CLI Demo

From: Christopher Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2025 12:46:16 -0700

Folks,

FROST is one of the biggest advances for bitcoin in years, thanks to its
Schnorr-based ability to create small but powerful signatures and more so
thanks to its support for Distributed Key Generation, which ensures that
the private key never exists in a single place! But to date integration
with Bitcoin has been scant.

To resolve that issue, Blockchain Commons has been working on demos that
integrate the ZF FROST library with BDK, to demonstrate how to sign Bitcoin
PSBTs with FROST, including support for the Taproot tweak.

Here's the two demos that we recently produced:

* TRUSTED DEALER:
    * Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8csdApREJIs
    * Code Walkthrough: https://hackmd.io/y6EYPYR0SluE0M0az7Y3uw
    * Notes: https://hackmd.io/@bc-community/H1MfEMdvel

* DISTRIBUTED KEY GENERATION:
    * Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13skzOvWklk
    * Code Walkthrough: https://hackmd.io/cI9OVAbzSDemrcvsf9t0ag

Our goal this year is a "Learning FROST from the Command Line" to
supplement our popular "Learning Bitcoin from the Command Line" tutorial:
https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Learning-Bitcoin-from-the-Command-Line

The first demo was held in conjunction with our newest FROST meeting. It
was our fifth to date. At each, we've gathered together implementers and
developers, to help make FROST usage into a reality.

Our full list of major FROST meetings is here:
https://developer.blockchaincommons.com/frost/#events

We'll be holding one or two more this fall! If you've got a FROST-related
project or FROST-related code you'd like to demo, let me know and I'm
thrilled to get you on board for a presentation!

Many thanks to Human Rights Foundation and our other sustaining sponsors
such as Foundation Devices, Unchained Capital; and individual monthly
sponsors like Jesse Posner, Brian Bishop, Jameson Lopp, Glenn Willen for
supporting this work.

If you are interested in supporting us use
https://github.com/sponsors/BlockchainCommons, or if you have a specific
project you'd like to support, or if you'd like to join our open source
efforts contact me directly.

-- Christopher Allen

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/CACrqygAti5xbuLRyH91dfTE2bwZ5qD%2B9_k09h-azoLHp1QxKXw%40mail.gmail.com.