Subject: [bitcoindev] [ann] FROST Signing for Bitcoin: Demo + Taproot Integration Discussion @ Aug 6 Gordian Call

From: Christopher Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2025 21:52:46 -0400

FROST is an important next generation of multisig that makes Bitcoin more
resilient and multisignatures more efficient. That's why Blockchain Commons
has been working on  integrating FROST signing with Bitcoin transactions.

We now have a working demo, and we'll be showing it at our Gordian meeting
next Wednesday. You're invited!

    WHAT? FROST in Bitcoin Gordian Meeting

    WHEN? Wed., August 6th, 10am PDT

    WHERE? Zoom (
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88143195571?pwd=BVv4zCnnaNor97Vj8ayajh26yyICBr.1)

At the meeting, we'll be talking about the challenges of the integration,
especially concerning the need to "tweak" FROST signatures for use with
Taproot. We think there are important architectural questions about which
party should be doing this and when, where security edges are critical, and
there may also be privacy concerns related to tweak technique. We'd love to
get community input on all those questions. (We'll also be demonstrating
how our draft FROST cli tools work at our meeting!)

The ultimate object of our tool creation was to give developers a
playground, to experiment with FROST using a command line interface. It's a
learning method that we've found useful in our "Learning Bitcoin From the
Command Line" course (
https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Learning-Bitcoin-from-the-Command-Line)
, and we think you'll find this approach useful here too.

(It's also just the first step. We hope to offer "Learning FROST from the
Command Line" and "Learning BDK from the Command Line" courses in the
future. If you'd like to help sponsor these works, please let us know!)

We highly encourage wallet developers to attend so that we can give them
all the tools they need to play with FROST. And, we hope to get domain
experts too, to help talk about the issues with tweaking FROST signatures
for use in Taproot!

If you want to know more about FROST, see our FROST developers page (
https://developer.blockchaincommons.com/frost/), which includes links to
four previous FROST meetings. You can also sign up for our developers list
or our FROST implementers announce-only lists, to get notices of upcoming
FROST related meetings (https://www.blockchaincommons.com/subscribe/).

Hope to see you next Wednesday!

-- Christopher Allen & The Blockchain Commons Crew

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/CACrqygC5925FrJ5WN%3D986Bni5%2B0zZ7YeC_EqAXyao%3Du5rK3P_A%40mail.gmail.com.