Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] [Lightning-dev] On the scalability issues of onboarding millions of LN mobile clients

From: Christopher Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 02:11:33 -0700

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 8:30 AM Keagan McClelland via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> > It should be therefore a top priority to make the UX of connecting my
> mobile LN client to my home full node extremely easy, so that centralised
> services can't improve much on that step. Especially if I already run a
> full node.
>

There already is an emerging approach for this, called QuickConnect
https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Bitcoin-Standup/blob/master/Docs/Quick-Connect-API.md

It is currently offered by BitcoinStandup (both Mac and Linux),
BTCPayServer, Nodl, MyNode, RaspiBlitz full node tools and hardware, and is
used currently by FullyNoded, FullyNoded2, and a couple of other
experimental apps to allow secure connection via Tor v3 from a remote to
your own personal full node.

We know that QuickConnect needs another major iteration and welcome
contributions to requirements and/or proposals for the next version.

We invite you to share your thoughts here.
https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Bitcoin-Standup/issues/66

— Christopher Allen