Subject: [bitcoin-dev] CTV BIP Meeting #6 Notes on Sapio Studio Tutorial

From: Jeremy Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 14:33:34 -0700

Devs,

Tutorial: https://rubin.io/bitcoin/2022/03/22/sapio-studio-btc-dev-mtg-6/
Meeting Logs:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2022-March/020157.html

Summary:

The 6th CTV meeting was a Sapio Studio tutorial. Sapio Studio is a Bitcoin
Wallet / IDE for playing with Bitcoin Smart Contracts. It is clearly "Alpha
Software", but gets better and better!

The tutorial primarily covers setting up Sapio Studio and then using it to
create an instance of a Bitcoin Vault similar to the variety James O'Beirne
shared recently on this list.

Participants had trouble with:

1) Build System Stuff
2) Passing in Valid Arguments
3) Minrelay Fees
4) Minor GUI bugs in the software

But overall, the software was able to be used successfully similar to the
screenshots in the tutorial, including restarting and resuming a session,
recompiling with effect updates (essentially a form of multisig enforced
recursive covenant which can be made compatible with arbitrary covenant
upgrades), and more.

Based on the meeting, there are some clear areas of improvement needed to
make this GUI more intuitive that will be incorporated in the coming weeks.

Best,

Jeremy

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>