Subject: [bitcoin-dev] BIP-119 CTV Meeting #4 Notes

From: Jeremy Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:30:17 -0800

Today's meeting was a bit of a different format than usual, the prime focus
was on getting CTV Signet up and running and testing out some contracts.

In terms of discussion, there was some talk about what the goals of a
signet should be, but no conclusions were really reached. It is very good a
signet exists, but it's unclear how much people will be interested in
Signet with CTV v.s. if it had a lot of other forks to play with. Further,
other fork ideas are a lot greener w.r.t. infrastructure available.

In the tutorial section, we walked through the guide posted on the list.
There were a myriad of difficulties with local environments and brittle
bash scripts provided for the tutorial, as well a confusion around using
old versions of sapio-cli (spoiler: it's alpha software, need to always be
on the latest).

Despite difficulties, multiple participants finished the tutorial during
the session, some of their transactions can be seen below:

https://explorer.ctvsignet.com/tx/62292138c2f55713c3c161bd7ab36c7212362b648cf3f054315853a081f5808e
https://explorer.ctvsignet.com/tx/5ff08dcc8eb17979a22be471db1d9f0eb8dc49b4dd015fb08bac34be1ed03a10

In future weeks the tutorials will continue & more contracts can be tried
out. This tutorial was also focused on using the CLI, which is harder,
whereas future tutorials will use the GUI as well but won't be as prime for
understanding all the "moving parts".

Best,

Jeremy

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>