Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Take 2: Removing the Dust Limit

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 09:18:49 -0800

Bastien,

The issue is that with Decker Channels you either use SIGHASH_ALL / APO and
don't allow adding outs (this protects against certain RBF pinning on the
root with bloated wtxid data) and have anchor outputs or you do allow them
and then are RBF pinnable (but can have change).

Assuming you use anchor outs, then you really can't use dust-threshold
outputs as it either breaks the ratcheting update validity (if the specific
amount paid to output matters) OR it allows many non-latest updates to
fully drain the UTXO of any value.

You can get around the needing for N of them by having a congestion-control
tree setup in theory; then you only need log(n) data for one bumper, and
(say) 1.25x the data if all N want to bump. This can be a nice trade-off
between letting everyone bump and not. Since these could be chains of
IUTXO, they don't need to carry any weight directly.

The carve out would just be to ensure that CPFP 0 values are known how to
be spent.

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>