Subject: [bitcoin-dev] [Bitcoin Advent Calendar] Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) Will Save Bitcoin

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:47:06 -0800

Hi Devs,

Enjoy! https://rubin.io/bitcoin/2021/12/22/advent-25/

I'm really excited about opportunities for capital formation to happen
natively in Bitcoin. This is actually a really big deal and something (I
think) to pay close attention to. This is basically like running a little
company with shareholders inside of Bitcoin, which to me really helps us
inhabit the "be your own bank" part of Bitcoin. None of this particularly
requires CTV, but it does require the type of composable and flexible
software that I aspire to deliver with Sapio.

business matter:

There are two more posts, and they will both be focused on getting this
stuff out into the wild more. If you particularly have thoughts on BIP-119
activation I would love to hear them publicly, or at your preference,
privately.

If you like or dislike BIP-119 and wish to "soft-signal" yes or no
publicly, you may do so on https://utxos.org/signals by editing the
appropriate file(s) and making a PR. Alternatively, comment somewhere
publicly I can link to, send it to me, and I will make the edits.

edit links:
- for individuals/devs:
https://github.com/JeremyRubin/utxos.org/edit/master/data/devs.yaml
- organizations:
https://github.com/JeremyRubin/utxos.org/edit/master/data/bizs.yaml
- miners/pools:
https://github.com/JeremyRubin/utxos.org/edit/master/data/hashratesnapshot.json

Best,

Jeremy

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>
<https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>