Subject: [bitcoin-dev] [Bitcoin Advent Calendar]: Congestion Control

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 10:24:44 -0800

Today's post is a follow up to some older content about congestion control
& CTV.

It's written (as with the rest of the series) to be a bit more approachable
than technical, but there are code samples in Sapio of constructing a
payout tree.

today's post:
https://rubin.io/bitcoin/2021/12/09/advent-12/

older posts:
- https://utxos.org/analysis/bip_simulation/
- https://utxos.org/analysis/batching_sim/

Generally, I think the importance and potential of congestion control is
currently understated. The next couple posts will build on this with Coin
Pools, Mining Pools, and Lighting which also leverage congestion control
structures with multi-party opt-outs for added punch. But even in the base
case, these congestion control primitives can be really important for large
volume large value businesses to close out liabilities reliably without
being impacted too much by transient chain weather. Those types of demand
(high volume, high value) aren't served well by the lightning network
(ever) since the large values of flows would be difficult to route and
might prefer being deposited directly into cold storage given the amounts
at stake.

best,

Jeremy

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>
<https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>