Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Call for Proposals for Scaling Bitcoin Hong Kong

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 10:32:39 -0500

The second Scaling Bitcoin Workshop will take place December 6th-7th at the
Cyberport in Hong Kong. We are accepting technical proposals for improving
Bitcoin performance including designs, experimental results, and
comparisons against other proposals. The goals are twofold: 1) to present
potential solutions to scalability challenges while identifying key areas
for further research and 2) provide a venue where researchers, developers,
and miners can communicate about Bitcoin development.

We are accepting two types of proposals: one in which accepted authors will
have an opportunity to give a 20-30 minute presentation at the workshop,
and another where accepted authors can run an hour-long interactive
workshop.

Topics of interest include:

Improving Bitcoin throughput
Layer 2 ideas (i.e. payment channels, etc.)
Security and privacy
Incentives and fee structures
Testing, simulation, and modeling
Network resilience
Anti-spam measures
Block size proposals
Mining concerns
Community coordination

All as related to the scalability of Bitcoin.

Important Dates

November 9th - Last day for submission
November 16th - Last day for notification of acceptance and feedback

Formatting

We are doing rolling acceptance, so submit your proposal as soon as you
can. Proposals may be submitted as a BIP or as a 1-2 page extended abstract
describing ideas, designs, and expected experimental results. Indicate in
the proposal whether you are interested in speaking, running an interactive
workshop, or both. If you are interested in running an interactive
workshop, please include an agenda.

Proposals should be submitted to [email-masked] by November
9th.

All talks will be livestreamed and published online, including slide decks.

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>
<https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>