Subject: [bitcoin-dev] [Bitcoin Advent Calendar] Composability in Sapio Contracts

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 10:25:33 -0800

Devs,

Here's today's post: https://rubin.io/bitcoin/2021/12/13/advent-16/

It covers how you can use Sapio modules composably. This is an active area
of research for the Sapio platform, so definitely welcome and appreciate
ideas and feedback.

One area I'm particularly happy with but also unhappy with is the
"JSONSchema Type System". It is remarkably flexible, which is useful, but a
better type system would be able to enforce guarantees more strongly. Of
course, comparing to things like ERC-20, Eth interfaces aren't particularly
binding (functions could do anything) so maybe it's OK. If you have
thoughts on better ways to accomplish this, would love to think it through
more deeply. I'm particularly excited about ways to introduce more formal
correctness.

Cheers,

Jeremy

p.s. -- feel free to send me any general feedback on the series out
of band. There's a couple posts in the pipeline that are a bit less
development focused like the earlier posts I excluded, and I could filter
them if folks are feeling like it's too much information, but I'd bias
towards posting the remaining pieces as they come for continuity. Let me
know if you feel strongly about a couple posts that might be a topical
reach for this list.

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>
<https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>