Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] TXHASH + CHECKSIGFROMSTACKVERIFY in lieu of CTV and ANYPREVOUT

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 08:38:58 -0800

I probably need to reset it -- I ran into some issues with the IBD latch
bug IIRC and had difficulty producing new blocks.

I sent funds as a manual faucet to at least one person... not aware of
anyone else finding use for the signet. In part this is due to the fact
that in order to run a signet, you also kind of need to run some kind of
faucet on it, which wasn't readily available when I launched it previously.
I think I can use https://github.com/jsarenik/bitcoin-faucet-shell now
though.

Usually people are using Regtest to play around with CTV less so Signet.
There is value in a signet, but I don't think that "there's not a signet
for it" is a blocking issue v.s. nice to have.
--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>
<https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 6:18 AM Anthony Towns via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 01:14:07PM +0000, Michael Folkson via bitcoin-dev
> wrote:
> > There is not even a custom signet with CTV (as far as I know)
>
> https://twitter.com/jeremyrubin/status/1339699281192656897
>
>
> signetchallenge=512102946e8ba8eca597194e7ed90377d9bbebc5d17a9609ab3e35e706612ee882759351ae
> addnode=50.18.75.225
>
> But I think there's only been a single coinbase consolidation tx, and no
> actual CTV transactions?
>
> Cheers,
> aj
>
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>