Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] [dlc-dev] CTV dramatically improves DLCs

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 08:53:40 -0800

Thibaut,

CSFS might have independent benefits, but in this case CTV is not being
used in the Oracle part of the DLC, it's being used in the user generated
mapping of Oracle result to Transaction Outcome.

So it'd only be complimentary if you came up with something CSFS based for
the Oracles.

Best,

Jeremy

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 12:59 AM Thibaut Le Guilly via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lloyd, thanks for this excellent writeup. I must say that indeed using CTV
> seems like it would very much lower the complexity of the DLC protocol (and
> it seems like APO would also work, thanks Jonas for pointing that out).
> Though thinking about it, I can't help wondering if the ideal op code for
> DLC wouldn't actually be CHECKSIGFROMSTACK? It feels to me that this would
> give the most natural way of doing things. If I'm not mistaken, this would
> enable simply requiring an oracle signature over the outcome, without any
> special trick, and without even needing the oracle to release a nonce in
> advance (the oracle could sign `event_outcome + event_id` to avoid
> signature reuse). I must say that I haven't studied covenant opcodes in
> detail yet so is that line of thinking correct or am I missing something?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thibaut
>