Subject: [bitcoin-dev] [Bitcoin Advent Calendar] Oracles, Bonds, and Attestation Chains

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 10:24:01 -0800

Today's post is pretty cool: it details how covenants like CTV can be used
to improve on-chain bitcoin signing oracles by solving the timeout/rollover
issue and solving the miner/oracle collusion issue on punishment. This
issue is similar to the Blockstream Liquid Custody Federation rollover bug
from a while back (which this type of design also helps to fix).

https://rubin.io/bitcoin/2021/12/17/advent-20/

It also describes:
- how a protocol on top can make 'branch free' attestation chains where if
you equivocate your funds get burned.
- lightly, various uses for these chained attestations

In addition, Robin Linus has a great whitepaper he put out getting much
more in the weeds on the concepts described in the post, it's linked in the
first bit of the post.

cheers,

Jeremy

--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>
<https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>