Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Coins: A trustless sidechain protocol

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 17:05:21 -0500

https://utxos.org/uses/

Yes, you should check out the material at the link above. Specifically non
interactive channels solve this problem of one sided opens, where the other
party is passive/offline.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020, 12:42 PM Joachim Strömbergson via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Instead of using sidechains, just use channel factories.
>
> I am not familiar enough with the latest advancements in this field. Is it
> possible using LN/channel factories to achieve off-line-like participation
> user experience without previous registration with any kind of gateway
> provider? For example, can you go online, join the network [somehow
> instantly], generate address/invoice and then put it somewhere for others
> to later use it when you are off-line? Can you also participate while being
> off-line for very long periods of time without relying on third party
> providers to secure your channels? If not, is using sidechains really
> equally replaceable with LN/CF constructions?
>