Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Upcoming Transaction Priority Changes

From: James Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:35:05 -0600

The priority space is causing major mempool bloating and GBT latency right
now since many of the free transactions aren't getting mined and cleared
out of the mempool anymore. From my testing setting minrelaytxfee=0.0001 is
not enough to prevent the mempool from getting large during a spam attack,
it is also necessary to set limitfreerelay=0 in order to prevent GBT
latency degradation. Without setting limitfreerelay=0 GBT degrades
significantly for every hour bitcoind is running.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:20:45 PM Chun Wang wrote:
> > The sort by priority part in the block is always the best place for spam
> > nowadays.
>
> What are you saying here? Spammers generally can't use the priority space
> at
> all, and it is a major way for legitimate users to get their transactions
> mined cheaply despite ongoing spam attempts. You're suggesting the exact
> opposite is true?? Please explain.
>
> Luke
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>