Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Dynamically Controlled Bitcoin Block Size Max Cap

From: Upal Chakraborty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:32:07 +0530

Regarding...
i.
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010493.html
ii.
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010499.html

Could we please keep the conversation specific to the proposal presented at
http://upalc.com/maxblocksize.php ? If you find any demerits to this,
please point them out. Otherwise, I'll ask for a BIP. The proposal in
algorithmic format is as follows...

If more than 50% of block's size, found in the first 2000 of the last
difficulty period, is more than 90% MaxBlockSize
         Double MaxBlockSize
Else if more than 90% of block's size, found in the first 2000 of the
last difficulty period, is less than 50% MaxBlockSize
         Half MaxBlockSize
Else
         Keep the same MaxBlockSize