Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Dynamically Controlled Bitcoin Block Size Max Cap [BIP 1xx - Draft]

From: Upal Chakraborty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:49:29 +0530

Can we please keep this mail chain discussion specific to the proposed
draft -
https://github.com/UpalChakraborty/bips/blob/master/BIP-DynamicMaxBlockSize.mediawiki
?

I understand, voting process is an important subject of discussion. But,
that may be discussed in a separate mail chain.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Hector Chu via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 26 August 2015 at 01:29, Peter Todd via bitcoin-dev
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > For instance, a very simple toy example that would work is just XORing
> your vote with SHA256(the entire blockchain)
>
> Uh, that would totally not work.
>
> I think my proposal of using CLTV to lock coins (votes) is better.
> Failing a soft-fork to implement that in time, counting votes from the
> UTXO set is also ok - the difference between that and CLTV is that it
> is not as strong an evidence of commitment.
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>