Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Gavin's post-0.9 TODO list...

From: "Warren Togami Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 05:06:22 -1000

I might agree this would be helpful for the many phones plugged into power
and on wifi for large portions of the day.  However that doesn't really
help much when phone IP addresses change often as you move onto different
networks, and currently IP address is the only thing that peers can keep
track of for the goodness of a peer as there is no roaming pseudo-identity
cookie due to separate goal of anonymity?  I haven't studied the issue if
would be even possible to have both privacy protection and unique node
identifiers for anti-DoS authentication at the same time.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:59 AM, Peter Todd <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The user interface for this stuff is very simple: "How much bandwidth
> will you contribute back? If you contribute more bandwidth back, other
> peers will prioritize you and your wallet will be more reliable."
>
> --
> 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
> 000000000000003cfc051263917373a1cab2655994b97c54a625021f52c84658
>