Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Recurring bitcoin/LN payments using DLCs

From: Chris Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 08:45:56 -0600

Hey ZmnSCPxj,

I thought about this for a few days and I think you are right. In the case
of recurring payments this is identical to nLocktime. When doing recurring
payments with this scheme, you probably want to rate limit subsequent UTXOs
_with_ nlocktimes to make sure a malicious Netflix can't withdraw 12 month
so of subscriptions by attesting with their oracle 12 times.

I think this proposal describes arbitrary lines of pre-approved credit from
a bitcoin wallet. The line can be drawn down with oracle attestations. You
can mix in locktimes on these pre-approved lines of credit if you would
like to rate limit, or ignore rate limiting and allow the full utxo to be
spent by the borrower. It really is contextual to the use case IMO.

-Chris

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 2:22 AM ZmnSCPxj <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Good morning Chris,
>
> Quick question.
>
> How does this improve over just handing over `nLockTime`d transactions?
>
>
> Regards,
> ZmnSCPxj
>