Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Is there a tool like Ethereum EVM at present for Bitcoin script?

From: Michael Folkson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:09:49 +0100

The "No Taproot" section of the Sapio docs need updating :) What are
your plans to take advantage of Taproot with Sapio? It would have been
interesting to see what a Taproot emulator would have looked like,
although no need for it now. It seems to me Taproot would have been
harder to emulate than CTV though I could be wrong.

https://learn.sapio-lang.org/ch05-02-taproot.html

Also there have been a number of people asking questions about Sapio
and CTV on the Libera equivalents of Freenode channels #sapio and
##ctv-bip-review over the past months. Do you plan to join and claim
those channels?

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 03:26:23 -0700
From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Poelstra <[email-masked]>, Bitcoin Protocol
        Discussion <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Is there a tool like Ethereum EVM at
        present for Bitcoin script?
Message-ID:
        <CAD5xwhgmAepA4jW3tK7nihMFsMEdgs0Z6UEs3k=[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

This has actually never been true (Sapio assumes extensions).

If the extensions are not present, you can stub them out with a signing
federation instead, configurable as flags, and you can also write many
contracts that do not use the ctv based components at all.

The protocol for emulation is a bit clever (if I do say so myself) since it
ensures that contract compilation is completely offline and the oracles are
completely stateless.

Relevant links:

https://learn.sapio-lang.org/ch05-01-ctv-emulator.html
https://learn.sapio-lang.org/ch03-02-finish.html

Cheers,

Jeremy

-- 
Michael Folkson
Email: [email-masked]
Keybase: michaelfolkson
PGP: 43ED C999 9F85 1D40 EAF4 9835 92D6 0159 214C FEE3