Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Upcoming Transaction Priority Changes

From: Chun Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 04:20:45 +0800

I doubt changing the default value is useful as casual mining had long
dead, and pools all have their own customized policies. But I think
change the priority size to 0 is the right way to do. The sort by
priority part in the block is always the best place for spam nowadays.
I would think about to merge the priority, feerate, and probably
sigoprate into one number, probably 576 priorities trade for 1 satoshi
per kb?

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 4:12 AM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:47:50 PM Matt Corallo via bitcoin-dev wrote:
>> With the mempool limiting stuff already in git master, high-priority
>> relay is disabled when mempools are full. In addition, there was
>> agreement to take the following steps for 0.12:
>>
>>  * Mining code will use starting priority for ease of implementation
>
> This should be optional, at least for 0.12.
>
>>  * Default block priority size will be 0
>
> We should not be influencing miner policy by changing defaults.
>
> Luke
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev