Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP 100 specification

From: Dave Scotese <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 21:45:38 -0700

I suggest revising these items for clarity (and I'm guessing on the first
one)

    Calculate hardLimit by examining the coinbase scriptSig votes of the
previous 12,000 blocks, and taking the 20th percentile.
    A new hardLimit may not increase or decrease by more than 1.2x beyond
the prior hardLimit.

to:

    The new hardLimit is calculated by sorting the coinbase scriptSig votes
of the last 12,000 blocks from lowest to highest and using the vote of the
2400th block.
    If the vote of the 2400th block is a change of less than 20%, use it as
the new hardLimit.  Otherwise, change the hardLimit to be closer to that
vote, to either 120% or 80% of the current hardLimit.

I don't understand #5, 75% rule.  Shouldn't invalid version 4 blocks always
be rejected?

notplato

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Jeff Garzik via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> BIP 100 initial public draft:
> https://github.com/jgarzik/bip100/blob/master/bip-0100.mediawiki
>
> Emphasis on "initial"  This is a starting point for the usual open source
> feedback/iteration cycle, not an endpoint that Must Be This Way.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>
>

-- 
I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my value. Do you need a
techie?
I own Litmocracy <http://www.litmocracy.com> and Meme Racing
<http://www.memeracing.net> (in alpha).
I'm the webmaster for The Voluntaryist <http://www.voluntaryist.com> which
now accepts Bitcoin.
I also code for The Dollar Vigilante <http://dollarvigilante.com/>.
"He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules" - Satoshi
Nakamoto