Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol Proposal: Invoices/Payments/Receipts

From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:29:11 -0800

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Walter Stanish <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> X-ISO4217-A3
>>
>> I see that draft-stanish-x-iso4217-a3 is not standards track, is there
>> a reason for this?
>
> Of the three currently published proposals, all are essentially IANA
> registry proposals.
>
> We are currently working with IETF staff, with open offers of support
> from multiple well funded commercial bodies, to transition these
> proposals through to IANA management.

I hate to inform you that you have been mislead. The IETF and the IANA
do not operate as you outlined above. Having spent too many years
within ICANN/IETF/IANA I can assure you are mistaken.
Your drafts are expired and it appears that there is no support for a
"finance" working group in the IETF.

-rick