Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Proposed BIP editor: Kalle Alm

From: Jaime Caring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 22:30:56 +0000

Kalle should not be made an editor by an ad-hoc process. I reiterate Greg's
NACK.

I propose that we form a stewardship committee of frequent contributors,
including you, Greg, and 21 others. The stewards appoint a small set of
editors with permanent oversight by the stewards. A defined process
prevents this controversy from arising in the future and makes proceedings
clear.

My proposal has been moderated off of this list, but may be viewed here:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1113

I care not for the role of initial transitory editor. I would be pleased
should any responsible community member shoulder this onus in my stead.

Peace be upon you,

JC

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 at 00:37, David A. Harding via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 04:42:12AM +0000, Greg Maxwell via bitcoin-dev
> wrote:
> > I am opposed to the addition of Kalle Alm at this time.  Those who
> > believe [this] will resolve the situation [...] re: PR1104 are
> > mistaken.
>
> PR1104 has been merged.  Do you continue to oppose the addition?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dave
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>