Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Concerns Regarding Threats by a Developer to Remove Commit Access from Other Developers

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 10:56:33 -0400

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Milly Bitcoin <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  >So I'm *not* the decider for anything that concerns the behavior of
> the global consensus, and I cannot be, as I have explained in the
> previous post.
>
> The person who decides if a pull request is accepted is a decider and
> significantly affects the behavior of the global consensus.  The only
> option for someone who doesn't agree is to hard fork.  There is no way
> around that and you should just accept that fact and move on.
>

Impacts, yes, decider, no.  Multiple ACKs are required from developers who
will not act if the community will disagree with the change.

The users ultimately choose by deciding which software to download, and
that dictates the range of choices available.

-- 
Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist
BitPay, Inc.      https://bitpay.com/