Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Scaling Bitcoin with Subchains

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:15:14 -0400

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Pieter Wuille <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> It's simple: either you care about validation, and you must validate
> everything, or you don't, and you don't validate anything. Sidechains do
> not offer you a useful compromise here, as well as adding huge delays and
> conplexity.
>

As noted to Adam last night - although I agree it adds complexity - side
chains are one solution that will indeed help with scaling long term.
Similar to the graph you see with git repos and merges, having aggregation
chains that arbitrarily fork and then rejoin the main chain are both
feasible and useful.

That code & future is a ways away from production, so doesn't help us
here.  Still, let's not dismiss it as a solution either.

-- 
Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist
BitPay, Inc.      https://bitpay.com/