Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Proposal: soft-fork to make anyone-can-spend outputs unspendable for 100 blocks

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:49:54 -0400

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Roy Badami <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Sure they are paying themselves, but given bitcoin network
>> difficulty is uso high, simply obtaining payments-go-myself-as-miner
>> transactions is itself difficult.
>
> Not for pool operators it isn't.  Nor for people buying hashing power
> from a GPUMAX-type service, if such services still exist (or should
> they exist again in future).

Re-read what I wrote.  That's perfectly OK.  It is analogous to a pool
operator receiving merged mined coins, each time they mine a bitcoin
block.

If you achieve the very high difficulty needed to create a valid
bitcoin block, you have achieved a very high bar.

-- 
Jeff Garzik
Senior Software Engineer and open source evangelist
BitPay, Inc.      https://bitpay.com/