Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Seeking advice: Encouraging bug-fixing over new features

From: John Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:20:07 +0000

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Joel Joonatan Kaartinen <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Perhaps even add a way for anyone add to the bounty attached to a bug on
> the bug tracker? Also, a listing page for bugs with their bounties might
> be nice too.
>

Good idea. I'm not sure if the github bug tracker supports extension
attributes, but it'd be a great place to add it. Also, people can let know
that they're already working on a feature using a comment, to prevent double
work.

The biggest problem will be organizational, in getting the BTC together for
bounties; only a high profile member such as Gavin will have enough trust to
ask for support. Or maybe there's something left in the faucet? :-)

Unrelated: what also might help is publishing a roadmap. Plan a few "bug fix
only" releases before scheduling addition of new features. It's also helpful
for people that wonder that direction the project is going in...

JS