Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol Proposal: Invoices/Payments/Receipts

From: slush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:16:31 +0100

Hi,

not sure if you already noticed, but I and my friends are actively working
on bitcoin hardware wallet. This should be pocket size device with
something like 256kB flash and 80 MHz CPU, talking with the computer over
USB. User will prepare transaction on the machine, send it to the device,
device shows target address on the display and user confirms it by pressing
the button.

We're trying to make bitcoin payments safe even on hacked computer. For
this reason we're also implementing SPV so device don't need to trust
computer with any kind of information. The biggest existing problem is that
user cannot be sure that the address displayed on computer screen is
correct and he's confirming valid address.

I don't have any solution for this problem yet. I just appreciate an
activity in payment protocol area, because it can (with some care) solve
this problem and my appeal si to keep all this simple. I'd be very happy
with simple payment protocol which can be implemented even on devices like
I'm working on, so device with few widely used certificates stored in the
memory will be able to display origin of the invoice and confirm its
validity.

slush

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Watson Ladd <[email-masked]> wrote:

> After doing more thinking, what about letting a spend sign more
> information associated with the transaction, such as a transaction ID
> provided by the merchant? This seems to solve a lot of the problems being
> put forward, with much less complexity.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Keep yourself connected to Go Parallel:
> VERIFY Test and improve your parallel project with help from experts
> and peers. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net
> _______________________________________________
> Bitcoin-development mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development
>
>