Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Ordinal Inscription Size Limits

From: Erik Aronesty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:08:29 -0500

>
> .
>
> In the USA, where I am, large businesses like UBER, Lyft, and many major
> telecom, cable, & electric utilities process huge volumes of regular and
> irregular credit card payments on a monthly basis. Almost none oft hose
> transactions are completed in bitcoin.
>

Unfortunately block size is not the limiting factor

Main chain transactions have to be broadcast and stored on every node in
the network which, as you know, cannot scale to the level of Uber payments

Lighting and possibly ark are solutions to this problem

Both require covenant tech of some kind to scale properly (nonrecursive is
fine)

Covenant tech (any will do, arguing about which is bike shedding at this
point) allows people to share utxos and yet still maintain sovereignty over
their assets