Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP Number Request: Open Asset

From: Erik Aronesty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 10:53:59 -0400

> As said, Open Asset is not a draft proposal and is already used in the
wild since 2014. We can't easily modify the protocol by now for improving
it.

You can, however, provide a new OA2.0 protocol that improves upon these
issues, and assure that upgraded wallets maintain support for both
versions.

It seems like OA's stance has *always *been to focus on integration, rather
than fixing the core protocol and then, by virtue of having the largest
integration, saying things like "it's too late to turn back now".    Colu
and Chromaway/EPOBC also have stuff "in the wild".

I would love to see an RFC-style standard "multiple-colored-coin-protocol"
written by reps from all of the major protocols and that meta-merges the
features of these implementations - in collaboration with feedback from
core developers that understand the direction the protocol will be taking
and the issues to avoid.   HTTP/TCP/IP MCCP/BTC

As it stands, investors have to install multiple wallets to deal with these
varying implementations.   Merging them into one "meta-specification"
fairly soon might be in the best interests of the community and of future
shareholders.