Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Security problems with relying on transaction fees for security

From: Erik Aronesty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 07:57:40 -0400

>
>  we can expect mining to transition to a public service from the current
> for-profit business model
>

I get it now

Game theory would predict all of the major players mining in the future
will be large holders

If you're holding a hundred Bitcoin you should take one, sell it for mining
equipment and use it  to ensure the rest is stable

I guess that's perfectly reasonable

Yeah I'm on board with the idea that this is a non-issue

Interested parties will continue to maintain the security of the chain with
the same basic game theoretic stuff

Bitcoin doesn't need a security budget

Existing holders have the ability the means and the incentive to secure
their funds

Probably the only thing Bitcoiners should do is to advertise this rather
than to make it some sort of secret