Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] BIP process

From: Alex Waters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 01:02:17 -0400

>
>
> • I propose that BIPs be wiki pages, with a social convention that the
> Author gets final word if any editing wars break out.

ACK

• If he's willing, I propose that Amir take the role of BIP editor.
> ACK

> • I think bitcoin is still too small to have a specialized
> "bitcoin-ideas" mailing list; I propose that new potential BIPs be
> discussed either here or on the bitcoin-dev mailing list.
>

ACK

As for what Nils mentioned on using GitHub's Wiki feature, Gavin seems to
have started a few proposals at
https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcoin-git/wiki. I think this is the right
direction to head in, and a composite list of similar proposals could be
maintained on their own repository (to maintain separation from the core
Bitcoin repo.)

-Alex