Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Hardware Wallet Standard

From: Nicolas Bacca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:23:21 +0200

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Jonas Schnelli via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > I have some experience with hardware wallet development and its
> > integration and I know it's a mess. But it is too early to define such
> > rigid standards yet. Also, TREZOR concept (device as a server and the
> > primary source of workflow management) goes directly against your
> > proposal of wallet software as an workflow manager. So it is clear NACK
> > for me.
>
> The current question – as already mentioned – is we ACK to work together
> on a signing protocol or if we NACK this before we even have started.
>

ACK for Ledger. What's necessary to sign a transaction is well known, I
don't see how driving any hardware wallet from the wallet itself or from a
third party daemon implementing that URL scheme would make any difference,
other than providing better devices interoperability, as well as easier
maintenance and update paths for the wallets.

-- 
Nicolas Bacca | CTO, Ledger