Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Hardware Wallet Standard

From: Nicolas Bacca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 09:27:03 +0200

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Peter Todd via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> I'm not aware of any ECC-enabled smart-cards that can sign the specific
> curve
> that Bitcoin uses, not to mention the fact that those smartcards generally
> only
> speak higher level protocols than raw signature generation, precluding the
> signing of bitcoin transactions.
>

any Java Card supporting ECC can sign on user supplied Weierstrass curve
parameters - you can find a good shopping list at
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xsvenda/jcsupport.html (look for ALG_ECDSA_SHA256 on
javacard.crypto.signature). The NXP JCOP platform (found in Yubico Neo) is
a popular choice, and then you can add your own custom logic for validation.

-- 
Nicolas Bacca | CTO, Ledger