Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] A Replacement for RBF and CPFP: Non-Destructive TXID Dependencies for Fee Sponsoring

From: Antoine Riard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 09:52:55 -0400

Hello AC,

Yes that's a real issue. In the context of multi-party protocols, you may
pre-signed transactions with the feerate of _today_ and then only going to
be broadcast later with a feerate of _tomorrow_.
In that case the pre-signed feerate may be so low that the transaction
won't even propagate across network mempools with a local minimal feerate
higher.

That's why you want to be sure that the feerate of your  package of
transactions (either sponsor+sponsoree or parent+CPFP) is going to be
evaluated as a whole to decide acceptance of each element of the package.

Antoine

Le mar. 22 sept. 2020 à 03:28, ArmchairCryptologist via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Not sure if I'm missing something, but I'm curious if (how) this will work
> if the sponsored transaction's feerate is so low that it has been largely
> evicted from mempools due to fee pressure, and is too low to be widely
> accepted when re-broadcast? It seems to me that the following requirement
>
> >1. The Sponsor Vector's entry must be present in the mempool
>
> means that you enter a catch-22 where the sponsor transaction cannot be
> broadcast because the sponsored transaction is not in the mempool, and the
> sponsored transaction cannot be (re-)broadcast because the fee is too low.
> This requirement might therefore need to be revised.
>
> There is of course no global mempool, but RBF by its nature would still
> work in this case, by replacing the transaction if it exists and inserting
> it if it does not.
>
> --AC
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>