Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Request review: drop misbehaving peers

From: Christian Decker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:43:20 +0200

I'd be happy with a sort of BitTorrent like snubbing, and dropping in
extreme cases.
Sharing blacklist decisions would be dangerous. We could even extend the
protocol to include some sort of choking/unchoking in order to warn peers
that we might drop him if he continues to misbehave.

In general I think that we have to be careful in what we consider
misbehaving, it should be really conservative to begin with, and extend the
rules over time. Making them too restrictive might make future development
difficult, not to speak of alternative clients.

Regards,
Chris

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Luke-Jr <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:57:00 PM Gavin Andresen wrote:
> > I'm looking for review of this pull request:
> >   https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/517
>
> "Non-standard" transactions, or those with "insufficient" fees should not
> be
> penalised. These are properly relay/miner policy decisions, not protocol
> violations, and should be made more easily configurable, not punished for
> configuration.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Doing More with Less: The Next Generation Virtual Desktop
> What are the key obstacles that have prevented many mid-market businesses
> from deploying virtual desktops?   How do next-generation virtual desktops
> provide companies an easier-to-deploy, easier-to-manage and more affordable
> virtual desktop model.http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51426474/
> _______________________________________________
> Bitcoin-development mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development
>