Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Take 2: Removing the Dust Limit

From: shymaa arafat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:16:35 +0200

Dear Sir,
Regarding your message
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-December/019636.html
Specifically the part
*"Right now, lightning anchor outputs use a 330 sats amount. Each
commitment*
*transaction has two such outputs, and only one of them is spent"*
I was wondering *is there a way to distinguish those 2 dust UTXOs?*
I mean does(or could) the protocol force the user to always spend the first
not any of them at random?
-My point is to distinguish between them when inserted in the UTXO set to
know in advance which will be spent so fast in the next transaction, and
which is gonna stay there for a while?

-If you look at the number of addresses holding ≤1$ here (by subtracting
total from >1$), you would find it doesn't change very much with days
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html
-Meaning not that just official dust value, but values ≤1$ are rarely spent
unless one forced to. I always had the idea of storing them separately
(along with non-standard & burned ones at least from public addresses,
these should be separated too as they're not expected be spent ever)
.
So the answer may make a difference,
Thank you
Shymaa M Arafat