Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP draft: OP_CHECKBLOCKATHEIGHT

From: "Russell O'Connor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:43:15 -0400

I believe Bitcoin currently enjoys the property that during an "innocent"
re-org, i.e. a reorg in which no affected transactions are being double
spent, all affected transactions can always eventually get replayed, so
long as the re-org depth is less than 100.

My concern with this proposed operation is that it would destroy this
property.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> This BIP describes a new opcode (OP_CHECKBLOCKATHEIGHT) for the Bitcoin
> scripting system to address reissuing bitcoin transactions when the coins
> they
> spend have been conflicted/double-spent.
>
> https://github.com/luke-jr/bips/blob/bip-cbah/bip-cbah.mediawiki
>
> Does this seem like a good idea/approach?
>
> Luke
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>