Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] [RFC] [BIP proposal] Dealing with malleability

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 06:07:42 +0000

No, I was thinking of the height in coinbase change. At any rate, p2sh was
supported by the consensus code in bitcoinj for a long time already, since
it was first written.

Support for sending to such addresses in the wallet appeared once an app
that wanted that support also appeared, which seems OK - the market for
wallets is very competitive so there will always be some skew in what
features are worked on in what order. V3 transactions are a consensus
change that wallets will pick up at different times like any other feature.
On 20 Feb 2014 19:45, "Gregory Maxwell" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:08 AM, Mike Hearn <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > We've done forking changes before much faster than a year and that was
> with
> > less experience. If we want, we can get this done within months.
>
> You mean P2SH... which your implementation has only picked up support
> for in the last month or so?
>