Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] BIP 70 and OP_RETURN

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:06:04 +0100

They should do. If they don't they're not spec compliant. I'm not sure what
they actually do though. Currently only Bitcoin Core and Android Bitcoin
Wallet implement BIP 70 so you can just create such a request and then try
it out and see what happens.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Justus Ranvier <[email-masked]>wrote:

> On 03/29/2014 01:30 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > They would just encode the OP_RETURN script into an Output structure. I'm
> > not sure about the question - you seem to give the answer yourself in the
> > first paragraph?
> >
>
> I guess what I was asking is whether or not all BIP70 compatible clients
> will support the creation of all standard output types, including
> OP_RETURN outputs.
>
> --
> Support online privacy by using email encryption whenever possible.
> Learn how here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakOKJFtB-k
>