Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Network propagation speeds

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:38:57 +0100

This is great, thanks for doing it. Tip sent your way.

Graphs of how propagation data change over time would also be helpful (as
well as raw data so we can calculate overhead per kilobyte and so on). I
know there are only two days worth of data, but for future, it'd be good.

I think the next part of figuring out why there's such huge disparity is
instrumenting bitcoind to find out where the time goes when relaying a
block.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Gregory Maxwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Christian Decker
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Since this came up again during the discussion of the Cornell paper I
> > thought I'd dig up my measurement code from the Information
> > Propagation paper and automate it as much as possible.
>
> Could you publish the block ids and timestamp sets for each block?
>
> It would be useful in correlating propagation information against
> block characteristics.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
> Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
> Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
> conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up
> now.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> Bitcoin-development mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development
>