Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Service bits for pruned nodes

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 10:19:35 +0200

You are welcome to optimise P2P addr broadcasts or develop better bootstrap
mechanisms.

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM, John Dillon
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> Sorry I should have used the word bootstrapping there rather than
> discovery.
> But again I think that shows my point clearly. Centralized methods like DNS
> should be used for as little as possible, just simple initial
> bootstrapping,
> and focus the development efforts towards the non-centralized peer
> discovery
> mechanisms.
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
>
> iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJRhlpyAAoJEEWCsU4mNhiP+NwH/3RY5vBpSYkwKgTmdKHRc/gw
> BJCSV/1MEDECgBTxaRYSzYZyargjsdG50KaIaCq8M1+8DWkBEkH8JFif7UYMlZGM
> WROMP6UjAnP1fJ3B2JChdMgRv1HdXJQDQVcO8UnSJschhX8lZZiUySbaqIPuRuV/
> lI7/JkUZvmnms4+HGiaqwfbPO0k6ytJNKxORrk4TzFnThh4dy9WytElc8JHZOFaQ
> ly159X5JuEwh8DLOoUtPhaR6tJaJbJLBEt+QJiGnSktPsJCE8p9+4HQ0kMCQr3Ha
> 05EHTZEw+TqEPaA7vFLgA/9tWjK9s1Y6sqLOAYiLp/0wSKzCkBO0C5LWFHsJ/XQ=
> =aCgi
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Get 100% visibility into Java/.NET code with AppDynamics Lite
> It's a free troubleshooting tool designed for production
> Get down to code-level detail for bottlenecks, with <2% overhead.
> Download for free and get started troubleshooting in minutes.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_ap2
> _______________________________________________
> Bitcoin-development mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development
>