Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Code review

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:14:19 +0200

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Peter Todd <[email-masked]> wrote:

> When I'm reviewing multiple commit pull-requests and want to see every
> change made, I always either click on the "Files Changed" tab on github,
> which collapses every commit into a single diff, or do the equivalent
> with git log.
>
> Why doesn't that work for you?
>

The files changed tab definitely works better for reading. In the past
comments I put there have disappeared, but I think that can also be true of
comments put on the individual commit reviews (which is another issue with
github, but it's unrelated to how the commits are presented). So I have
lost trust in doing reviews that way. It does make things easier to read
though.

One advantage of using github is that they're an independent third
> party; we should think carefully about the risks of furthering the
> impression that Bitcoin development is a closed process by moving the
> code review it to a server that we control with explicit review groups.
>

I guess anyone would be able to sign up and comment.