Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] BIP21 bitcoin URIs and HTML5

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:53:38 +0200

Chrome has whitelisted bitcoin: URIs for web apps, and Firefox it turns out
doesn't use whitelisting at all, so it already works there.

https://chromiumcodereview.appspot.com/14531004

I'm hoping this means web wallet developers won't be put off from
supporting the payment protocol (that risk is the reason I started this
work).

The next step is to file bugs against WebKit (for Safari/iOS/misc other
platforms), and IE, though I don't know if Microsoft uses open bug trackers
much.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Gregory Maxwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
> >> Ian pointed out some errors in the BIP21 spec. What's the process for
> >> amending the BIP? Do we need to create a new one and mark the old one as
> >> replaced, or can we just fix it in place given the relatively exotic
> nature
> >> of most of the issues?
> > Those all sound like bugs in the BIP; I think they should just be fixed,
> I
> > don't think we need a new BIP.
>
> Yup.  Corrections are fine, esp ones which are not gratuitously
> incompatible.
>