Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Rebatable fees & incentive-safe fee markets

From: Alex Morcos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 12:50:20 +0000

I had the same concern, or a miner could fill the remainder of the block
with their own high fee paying transactions if blocks were required to be
full.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:55 AM Daniele Pinna via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Maybe I'm getting this wrong but wouldn't this scheme imply that a miner
> is incentivized to limit the amount of transactions in a block to capture
> the maximum fee of the ones included?
>
> As an example, mined blocks currently carry ~0.8 btc in fees right now. If
> I were to submit a transaction paying 1 btc in maximal money fees, then the
> miner would be incentivized to include my transaction alone to avoid that
> lower fee paying transactions reduce the amount of fees he can earn from my
> transaction alone. This would mean that I could literally clog the network
> by paying 1btc every ten minutes.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Daniele
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>