Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Even more proposed BIP extensions to BIP 0070

From: Pieter Wuille <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 14:16:48 +0200

On Jun 23, 2016 14:10, "Peter Todd" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Right, so you accept that we'll exert some degree of editorial control;
the
> question now is what editorial policies should we exert?

No, I do not. I am saying that some degree of editorial control will
inevitably exist, simply because there is some human making the choice of
assigning a BIP number and merging. My opinion is that we should try to
restrict that editorial control to only be subject to objective process,
and not be dependent on personal opinions.

> My argument is that rejecting BIP75 is something we should do on
> ethical/strategic grounds. You may disagree with that, but please don't
troll
> and call that "advocating censorship"

I think that you are free to express dislike of BIP75. Suggesting to remove
it for that reason is utterly ridiculous to me, whatever you want to call
it.

-- 
Pieter