Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] [Mempool spam] Should we as developers reject non-standard Taproot transactions from full nodes?

From: Aleksandr Kwaskoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 15:12:22 +0200

if we forget about backward compatibility and the impact of other types of
transactions, then the following two options would be possible:
a) allocate only up to 10% of the space in the block for non-standard
transactions - then all senders of non-standard transactions will compete
with each other and it's only 10% with other types of transactions. In the
absence of non-standard transactions, all space of the block will be given
to standard ones. And in the absence of standard transactions - all space
of the block will be given to non-standard ones. If bitcoin-chain was
created primarily for standard transactions, then such a model will have to
be supported by the majority.
b) change the architecture in such a way that the onchain ordinals
transaction became much more expensive, which would force them to go to
their own type of the LN - this would be a kind of justice, like the
displacement of small transactions from the onchain to the LN happening
already now

-- 

Thank you, we will succeed! | Dziękujemy, uda nam się!

President of NGO FinTechAssociation | Prezes organizacji pozarządowej
FinTechStowarzyszenie

*Dipl.-Ing. *Aleksandr Kwaskoff

Telegram t.me/kwaskoff

Poland, Warsaw | Polska, Warszawa

President of NGO FinTechAssociation <http://t.me/finteh>

Aleksandr Kwaskoff
about.me/kwaskoff
<https://about.me/kwaskoff?promo=email_sig&utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=external_links>