Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] KETAMINE: Multiple vulnerabilities in SecureRandom(), numerous cryptocurrency products affected.

From: Jason Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 01:42:32 +0100

These issues all stem from the RC4-based RNG implementation (with insecure
fallback entropy) in Tom Wu's jsbn library, published here:
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~tjw/jsbn/

Please refer to Tom Wu's URL, or this more up-to-date fork of Tom Wu's code
(published to NPM): https://github.com/andyperlitch/jsbn -- my repository on
GitHub was only ever intended to be a straight mirror of Tom Wu's code (created
over 7 years ago!).  I'll probably delete my mirror repository given that there
are now better JavaScript bignum alternatives, and in light of this report.

Jason

> On 9 Apr 2018, at 22:11, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Here's the code in question: https://github.com/jasondavies/jsbn/pull/7
> 
> Best,
> 
> Mustafa

--
Jason Davies, http://www.jasondavies.com/