Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] [Opt-in full-RBF] Zero-conf apps in immediate danger

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 11:02:25 -0400

On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 02:44:04AM +0000, alicexbt via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> > Relay of fullrbf transactions works reasonable well
> > already, unless you get unlucky with your selected peers. The only
> > missing piece is a few percent of hashrate that will accept fullrbf
> > replacement transactions. 
> 
> I don't believe relay of fullrbf transactions works well right now. The missing piece you mentioned is important and a real need for all full node users to try fullrbf.

Relay of full-rbf transactions works well right now precisely because a few
implementations exist of preferential rbf peering. I'm personally running four
nodes with it enabled, two using my own custom patches, and another two using
ariad's patch:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/25600

I haven't seen a lot of non-opt-in doublespends get mined. But I have seen a
few now via my Alice OTS calendar. This can of course increase dramatically as
miners turn on full-rbf.

-- 
https://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org